Leaked: Recording of news anchor admitting they had the Epstein, Prince Andrew story three years ago and silenced
What possessed the palace public relations office to allow Prince Andrew to be interviewed is a mystery. It was by any stretch of the imagination a total disaster. An epic fail of fails.
The Duke of York was interviewed on the BBC’s Newsnight about his links to the convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who died in prison earlier this year, and allegations that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl.
His appearance on the programme was the culmination of years of statements from Buckingham Palace and was intended to dispel increasing scrutiny of his relationship with Epstein. But from the interview, it achieved only the opposite.
Sky News did a piece on it and quoted commentators. Piers Morgan labelled it as “excruciating.”
Rose McGowan – the actress who became one of the most vocal accusers of Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein said watching the interview made her feel “nauseous”.
SafeSubcribe/Instant Unsubscribe - One Email, Every Sunday Morning - So You Miss Nothing - That's It
Even some of those supportive of the royal family, such as Royal Central website editor Charlie Proctor, were not impressed.
Mr Proctor tweeted: “I expected a train wreck. That was a plane crashing into an oil tanker, causing a tsunami, triggering a nuclear explosion level bad.”
Then, a video emerges.
Amy Robach is an American television presenter for ABC News. She is the co-anchor of 20/20 and the breaking news anchor/fill-in anchor for Good Morning America. She was a national correspondent for NBC News, co-host of the Saturday edition of NBC’s Today, and anchor on MSNBC. Irrespective of what you may think of the mainstream media, what Robach admits in a conversation with her producer on a hot mike is truly startling.
Robach claims that she had this story about Epstein including explosive information about Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton and was told, in no uncertain terms by the ABC network, that the story had to be buried due to legal threats. There were pictures and lost of other evidence with the main witness in hiding for 12 years who was convinced to talk to Robach and the news team.
“It was unbelievable what we had on Clinton, we had everything. What we had was unreal. The palace found out we had allegations about Prince Andrew and were threatened a million different ways.
Robach complains that she tried to get the story on ABC for three years “but to no avail.”
She also claims that other newsworthy stories would be withheld from the network in future as part of the threats issued to the network and that she 100% believes Epstein was murdered whilst in custody.
Watch the Video on